New York Attorney Advocates for Unit Owners in Homeowner Association Conflicts

Law firm aids residents in the New York City area when development leaders overreach

In many residential communities, homeowners associations and similar bodies have tremendous influence over your ability to enjoy the home you've purchased. If your rights are being violated or the association is not honoring its covenant obligations, Outerbridge Law P.C. can help. I have extensive experience representing clients in the New York City area and throughout New York City. I have the knowledge and background to help you see that you can occupy your residence in the manner intended.

Skilled advocate represents shareholders in various community disputes

My firm represents resident shareholders in developed communities with all types of cases, including:

  • Unsafe conditions — Homeowners associations are required to maintain safe conditions in all common areas. However, sometimes this does not occur due to negligence or cost-cutting. I can explain their legal duties and whether action can be taken to improve community safety.
  • Arbitrary rules and enforcement — Unfortunately, neighbors who have authority within an homeowners association sometimes enact rules that have no connection to the community's well-being. Other times, selective enforcement is used as a means of settling personal scores. If you've been victimized by an association that's out of control, I can advise you on your options.
  • Financial impropriety — In New York, I work with clients who believe the board overseeing their property has misused funds or breached their fiduciary duty. If a board member seems to be favoring their personal interests over the community's needs, a violation might have occurred.

Outerbridge Law P.C. represents unit owners for these conflicts and other issues that arise with community and homeowners associations. When it seems that you have no recourse for decisions that have gone against you, I can help.

Contact a skilled New York condominium and homeowner association law attorney for help

If you need help with a homeowners association matter, I am ready to assist you. Call Outerbridge Law P.C. today at 212-364-5593 or contact me online to schedule your consultation at my New York City office.